1 in 68 children in the United States is currently diagnosed with autism. Whether it is realized or not autism affects our world, and many families and friends living in our communities right now are affected by autism.
A core value of MC Companies is their commitment to the betterment of the communities that they live and operate in, and have chosen autism research as a cause they are obligated to support. Through the development of various initiatives and commitment to their cause, MC Companies has been able to make huge contributions to Autism Speaks year after year.
There are three main ways that the company has been able to make such great strides toward funding research and lending a hand to those affected by autism. Through programs such as the 1% Program and Hours4Autism and partnering with the Arizona Multihousing Association (AMA) to have a FUNdraiser, MC Companies has raised over $250,000 for Autism Speaks.
These programs aren’t MC Companies specific; any company can get adapt and use the program in their own way to raise money for autism. Each initiative is easily outlined below, so use one or use them all – just find some way to make a contribution to Autism Speaks and make a difference.
The 1% Program:
In 2017 alone, the 1% Program generated $100,000 for Autism Speaks. Here’s how it works.
- Ask vendors to participate in this program and consider contributing a minimum of one percent of their annual spend to your company’s philanthropic foundation
- This program relies on the strong vendor relationships and true partnerships
- It can become the largest driving financial force in reaching your philanthropic goals.
Instead of letting your paid time off hours go to waste, make a charitable donation and give them back to those in need.
- Ask your employees to join Hours4Autism and donate Paid Time Off hours to Autism Speaks WALK.
- A meeting is scheduled with the employees to explain the Hours4Autism program. You can provide an incentive to your employee’s like gift cards or other prizes to encourage donations.
- A Paid Time Off form is sent to employees to fill out and return to payroll. Paid Time Off is drawn from their Paid Time Off bank and payroll taxes are taken out of the employee’s next paycheck.
- The Paid Time Off account donates to Autism Speaks WALK.
MC Companies created the Spike It For Autism AMA Volleyball Tournament in November 2017. This tournament raised over $5,000 for Autism Speaks. Your company can do anything from a volleyball tournament to a car wash. Anything that gets the company to work together to raise money for a good cause.
These are just three ways MC Companies has raised money for Autism Speaks. We’re sure that if you get your company together, you can think of so many more ways. Use your power for good and make a difference in your community.