January 20th hosts the Phoenix Rock n Roll marathon. Grab your friends and start your year off on the right foot with the rockin good time supporting a great cause.
What is the Marathon?
Simply put, it’s a race. But it’s also so much more than that. According to their website, The Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series makes running fun: “Each year, more athletes participate in Rock ‘n’ Roll running events than any other running series in the United States. What started as a simple idea in 1998 – a marathon with bands along the course celebrating each participant – soon transformed the running landscape igniting the second running boom. While entertainment and the energy of a festival weekend define the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series experience, the fact that runners have raised more than $310 million for participating charities shows our heart and soul.”
There’s live entertainment ( The Plain White T’s are playing!), kids’ zones, food, fun and of course running! You can run the full marathon, half or even a 5K if you want to. Either way, the day’s bound to be fun for all!
Information You Need:
Make sure you take a look at all the FAQs on their website, but here a few important ones we pulled!
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Rock ‘n’ Roll events.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon and 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon or 2-Person Half Marathon Relay. You must be 10 years old to participate in the 10K. You must be 8 years old to participate in the 5K.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a Marathon or Half Marathon.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- No coaches, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
- Overall winners will not qualify for their age group category awards.
Just a few quick facts you gotta know before you run!
So lace up your sneaks and get ready to race! We’ll see you on Jan. 20th!